Cambridge, Mass.-- The Lesley Men's Soccer team battled through two tough overtime periods against Curry College, but neither team could find the back of the net with the end result of a 1-1 tie at Franke Field.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Much of the first half was a back and forth battle with very limited shots on net amongst both squads. The Colonials led with five shots on net and was able to get off nine total shots, but were unable to execute the attempts.
- The Lynx led the charge in corner kicks in the first half 4-0 but couldn't find the offense to get a shot on net.
- Curry netted the first goal of the game in the 50th minute when Jonathan Sirkas crossed a ball into the goalie box to find a striking Nico Sabbatini for the goal.
- Liam Perrine answered back in the 55th minute when chased down a loose ball and beat the charging goalie to make it 1-1.
- Lesley Forward Tiago Pacheco had an opportunity off a free kick just outside the 18 yard box but goalie Paul DeMaio punched the ball over the net to keep it even. A few minutes later in the 58th minute sliding Lynx defender Max Feriera kept the ball from crossing the goal line and essentially was the difference maker forcing the game into overtime.
- Both teams were unable to break the stalemate, and the game ended with a 1-1 score at the end of double overtime.
Lesley continues its home stretch when the host Wentworth on Saturday September 8th beginning at 12pm.