Babson Park, Mass.—The Lesley men's soccer team fell in a hard fought battle to host Babson College 1-0, Tuesday afternoon at Hartwell-Rogers Field. With the loss Lesley slips to 0-3-1 overall while the Beavers improve to 2-0-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx back end proved its strength from a powerful Babson attack throughout the first half. The Beavers landed 10 shots to the Lynx 3, while the corner kick opportunities were 2-1 in favor of Babson.
- Despite the offensive attack, the Lynx were able to keep the Beavers scoreless and bring a 0-0 score into halftime.
- The Beavers had a few scoring opportunities throughout the match, and Junior goalkeeper David Crutchfield had his biggest save of the night in the 56th minute. He punched down a blast from Babson senior Noah Parker and then snatched the loose ball just before junior Alex Crompton got to the rebound at the edge of the six-yard box.
- Freshman Evan Gaudreau broke the deadlock in the 68th minute to give the Beavers the only goal needed to secure the win. Classmate Mitchell Collins served Gaudreau on the left side, where Gaudreau carried the ball to the edge of the box and hit a 20-yard shot to the back of the net.
- Crutchfield turned away 11 shots for the Lynx, which got outshot 20-3 in the match. The Beavers held the advantage in corner kicks 9-1, but the Lynx were able to keep them for scoring.
The Lynx open up their NECC Conference schedule this Sunday at Becker College at 2pm.