Worcester, Mass.-- The Lesley Men's Soccer team opened up NECC Conference play with a 2-0 victory over Becker College Sunday afternoon. The win was the first in the young season for the Lynx, who now sit at 1-3-1, while the Hawks drop ot 0-6.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx wasted no time getting on the board, as sophomore center-back Jack Wadleigh recovered a deflected cross off the Becker goalkeeper right in front of the net and put it home, putting Lesley up 1-0 just under two minutes into the match.
- The rest of the half was pretty even with Becker holding the advantage in shots 8-6 and corners 2-0, but the score remained 1-0 going into the break.
- In the second half, both teams picked up the pace with scoring opportunities coming up short on both sides.
- Lesley finally broke free in the 65th minute when they earned a penalty kick. Wadleigh took the shot and put it past the keeper for his second career goal as the Lynx went up 2-0. That score would hold up until the final buzzer.
- Becker held a 22-11 advantage over Lesley in total shots and 5-2 in corner kick opportunities.
- Lesley junior goaltender Patrick Corcoran finished with ten saves in the match to keep the Hawks off the board.
The Lynx play their next contest at Pine Manor College, also on Wednesday evening.