Quincy, Mass.-- The Eastern Nazarene College men's soccer team defeated Lesley 2-0 Saturday afternoon at Creedon Field on Homecoming weekend. The Lions improve to 5-7-2 on the season and moves into second place in the NECC standings with a 3-0-2 mark. The Lynx fall to 2-6-3 overall and 2-2-0 in league play with the result.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The two teams battled to a scoreless stalemate after 45 minutes of action as the Lions registered nine shots in the first half and the Lynx four.
- Eastern Nazarene grabbed a 1-0 lead in the 61st minute to open the scoring. Jose Ruiz finished off a low cross by Sunil Lepcha to notch his third goal of the season. Lepcha collected his team-leading fourth assist of the fall on the strike while Edmilson Centeio also recorded an assist.
- The Lions chalked up their second goal of the contest in the 76th minute to stretch the margin to 2-0. Centeio headed in his second marker of the year as Lepcha swung in a left-footed cross from the right flank to pick up his second helper of the game.
- Eastern Nazarene finished with 20 shots on the afternoon while Lesley manufactured five attempts. The Lions held the advantage in corner kicks 9-1.
- Lynx goalkeeper David Crutchfield recorded 7 saves in the loss.
Lesley next hosts Newbury College on Tuesday evening for another NECC match up with a kick off time of 8pm.