Nashua, NH-- The Lesley Men's Soccer team picked up a non-conference 2-1 win over Rivier College on Monday evening at Raider Field. The Lynx picked up their third win on the season and improve to 3-7-4, while the Riaders are winless in the 2018 campaign with a record of 0-15-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley jumped out to an early lead as a breakdown in the defense led to freshman Fabian Martinez-Sanchez having an open look to net his first career goal within the opening minute of action to give the Lynx a 1-0 lead.
- Rivier battled back to even the score at 1-1 in the 28th minute. After Lesley committed a foul about 15 yards outside the box, freshman Adly Francois lifted a free kick into the 18 where sophomore Pedro Lopez was able to get his head on it and find the back of the net for his 3rd goal of the year.
- Less than a minute later, Lesley was able to storm down the middle of the field as junior Shane Rockenbach sent a through ball just outside the 18 where sophomore Liam Perrine was able to corral it and find the lower left corner to give the Lynx the 2-1 advantage.
- Freshman Nicholas Hasenfus made three saves on five attempts in the opening 45 for Rivier before classmate Cody Richards finished the final 45 making two saves.
- Lesley junior keeper Patrick Corcoran earned the win between the pipes as he made two saves on three shots he faced.
Lesley will be back on the pitch this Wednesday night as they host Dean College in a conference contest starting at 8pm.