MILTON, Mass.— An Andrew Medeiros (Bristol, R.I.) goal in the 74th minute secured a 1-0 road victory over Curry College on Sunday afternoon at Walter M. Katz Field. Lesley claimed its second win on the road, while Curry have dropped two consecutive matches.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Curry maintained control of the first 45 minutes, manufacturing a handful of chances. Meanwhile Lesley had to play on the counter only managing two shots in the first frame.
- At the restart, both teams stalled and were unable to create open opportunities, as each team held strong defensively.
- The breakthrough would come from dead ball situation. After a Curry foul at the halfway line, Ben Heischuber (Holliston, Mass.) sent a high arcing ball toward the middle of the Curry box.
- Medeiros came from the left side connecting with the ball on the volley around 17 yards from goal, looping over the Colonels goalie as he had come off his line.
- Medeiros's goal was just the Lynx second effort on target, giving Lesley a 1-0 advantage with sixteen minutes to play.
- Curry pushed for an equalizer, but the Lesley defense held out for its first clean sheet of the season on a 1-0 victory.
- The Colonels outshot the Lynx 14 (5)-6 (2), but David Crutchfield (Shrewsbury, Mass.) made all five stops to preserve the Lesley victory.
- Crutchfield claims his second win of the year, along with his first shutout on the season. Paul DeMaio took the loss in net for Curry.
The Lynx will travel to Suffolk University for its next contest on Saturday, Sept. 7, with kick-off at 3:00 p.m.