BOSTON, Mass.-- The Lesley men's soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision in the final minutes of the match to Suffolk University Saturday afternoon at James A. Sartori Stadium at East Boston Memorial Park. The loss gives the Lynx their first of the season to drop to bring them to a 2-1 record, while the Rams earned their first victory in 2019 to sit at a 1-1-1 record.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Rams carved out a handful of chances in the first 15 minutes. The best chance coming from a Leanordo Acosta, cutting in from the left side and testing Lesley keeper David Crutchfield.
- The Rams out shot the Lynx 12-3 in the first, but Crutchfield recorded 5 saves to send the game scoreless into halftime.
- The second stanza began with the continuous back-and-forth battle, with open chances came on either end. Suffolk saw Simon Velez Angel pull a shot wide, while Lesley's Andrew Mederios tested Rams goalie Tom Bennett.
- Another dominant performance from Crutchfield in the net stopped another 5 shots from the Rams, while the Rams ripped off a total of 16 shot compared to the Lynx 4.
- A winning goal for Suffolk would come with just two and a half minutes to play from Tenorio. With the ball floating high in the air after a Tenacio header, Tenorio was the first to pounce firing his shot across the keeper into the right-side netting for the victory.
The Lynx continue their non-conference road slate Tuesday September 10 at Johnson and Wales University with a kickoff set 7pm.