PROVIDENCE, RI.-- The Lesley men's soccer team struggled to put on the offensive attack falling to non-conference hosts Johnson and Wales University, 3-0 Tuesday evening. The loss sits the Lynx at an even 2-2 on the year, while the Wildcats improve to 2-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx defense continues to be the strong suit, keeping their opponent's goals to a minimal despite the higher percentage of shots coming on the attack.
- Johnson and Wales registered 8 shots in each half with 6 total corner kicks, while the Lynx only registered 5 total shots in the match.
- The Wildcats found the back of the net in the 19th minute when Alexi Flores served Nick Gutekunst in the box for the header, and 1-0 lead.
- Shox Madjidoc struck again in the 31st minute when he blasted a shot to the top left corner from twenty-five yards out to take a 2-0 lead into the the second half.
- Lynx goalkeeper David Crutchfield made a few great saves to keep the game close in the second half.
- Johnson and Wales edged their lead to 3 nil in the 82nd minute when Garret Groeling directed a pass from JP Rioux to the back corner of the net.
Lesley next travels to Framingham State on Monday September 16th for another non-conference match at 4pm.