FRAMINGHAM, MA.-- The Lesley men's soccer team had a difficult time getting offensive opportunities against non-conference hosts Framingham State University, falling 5-1 on Monday afternoon. The loss brings the Lynx to 2-3 on the year, while the Rams improve to 2-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx struggled to find scoring opportunities, as they were outshot 30 to 6 by the Rams.
- Framingham State got out to a quick 3-0 lead within the game's first 23 minutes, with Isaac De Souza, Bryce Nardizzi, and Jared Nardizzi all finding the net.
- Max Fereira got the Lynx on the board in the 30th minute with a goal assisted by Ben Heischuber. It was the only shot on net for the Lynx during the afternoon, but it was on target.
- Gustavo Cassemiro took nine shots of his own, adding two second half goals to put the Rams on top 5-1.
- Goalkeeper David Crutchfield was able to limit the Rams in his time on the field, as he saved eight of the ten shots that came his way.
- The Lynx were called for offsides seven times and had a difficult time finding open paths to the net through the Rams' tough defense.
Lesley next travels to face Pine Manor on Wednesday September 18th for a non-conference match at 4pm.