BROOKLINE, MA.-- The Lesley men's soccer team dropped a Wednesday afternoon match 2-0 to the host Pine Manor Gators, who extended their winning streak to six games. The fourth straight loss for the Lynx brings them to 2-4 on the season, while the Gators advance to 6-1-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx could not find offensive chances in the first half, as they were outshot 11-4 in the first 45 minutes.
- The shot differential was closed in the second half when the Lynx defense were able to tighten up and limit Pine Manor to only six shots.
- Henry Garcia scored for the Gators at the 4:55 mark on a chip shot, with an assist from Elmer Pineda. It was Garcia's fourth goal of the season and Pineda's fifth assist.
- Lynx goalkeeper David Crutchfield saved seven of the nine shots taken against him, upping his save percentage to .840 on the season.
- Though the Lynx defense was able to hold steady after the Gators' first goal, Alfredo Lucero scored his first goal of the season to put Pine Manor up by 2 in the 83rd minute.
- Jack Wadleigh saw some great opportunities to get the Lynx on the board, accounting for four of the team's eight total shots on the afternoon.
Lesley plays their first home game of the season to open conference play against Becker College on Saturday September 21 at 6 PM.