CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Men's soccer team earned a physical victory over the Becker Hawks by a score of 3-0 on Saturday night. The win snaps a four game losing streak for the Lynx and brings them to 3-4 and 1-0 in the conference on the season, while the loss brings the Hawks to 1-6 and 0-1 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx got on the board early, thanks to a chip shot blast from midfield by Ben Heischuber. It was his first goal of the season, falling just over the reach of Hawks goalie Sam Majewski.
- Gerry Chica followed up Heischuber's shot in the 28th minute with a chip of his own, again just over the head of Majewski.
- The Lynx were able to keep control of the ball for the majority of the game, though they had to work hard to contain Becker's Derrick Audain who led his team with four shots all on goal.
- It was a hard-fought match, as the Lynx tallied up 20 fouls and the Hawks had 11 of there own. Despite no cards being issued, the physicality lent itself well to Lesley's ability to maintain their lead.
- Beowulf Urban added a third Lynx goal in the 73rd minute off a free kick with an assist from Tiago Pacheco.
- Lynx goalie David Crutchfield had an excellent night, saving all eight shots sent his way for his second shut out of the season.
Lesley returns home on Tuesday September 24th for an 8 PM match against Emerson.