CAMBRIDGE, MA.-- The Lesley men's soccer team lost the Charles River Cup to the Emerson Lions on Tuesday night by a score of 2-0. The loss brings the Lynx to 3-5, while Emerson advances to 3-5-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lions got on the board early, with Luc Fougere finding Darius Boamoah for a goal just three minutes into the game.
- After the early mishap, the Lynx held a strong defensive front and limited Emerson to only six total shots in the first half.
- The Lions were able to add a second goal in the 35th minute after a couple of unlucky bounces for Lesley led to Emerson's RJ Dziejma finding the back of the net.
- A brief dust up in the 37th minute led to a yellow card for Emerson's Clark Dean. Some tough physical plays led to high tensions, but cooler heads prevailed and were able to sort things out.
- The Lions were able to limit Lesley's ability to find shots in the second half, thanks to some tough defense and strong goaltending by David Kemp.
- Lesley's Tiago Pacheco earned a yellow card of his own in the 77th minute.
- Daniel Monteserin was able to get off four shots for the Lynx, which led the team, but had no luck getting past Kemp.
- Patrick Corcoran shut the Lions out when he came in to play goalie for the second half, saving all four shots sent his way.
- The win snapped a five game losing streak for the Lions and gave Kemp his second victory of the season
Lesley hits the road for an early morning match at conference opponent Dean College on Saturday September 28th at 11 AM.