FRANKLIN, MA. -- The Lesley men's soccer team defeated the conference opponent Dean Bulldogs in overtime by a score of 2-1. TheLynx advance to 4-5 and 2-0 in the conference with the victory, while Dean drops to 3-5 overall and 0-1 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley was putting the pressure on Bulldogs goalkeeper Bryce Antoch early, taking five shots in the first half. The Bulldogs ultimately got on the board first, with Reinorf Kusi scoring his first goal of the season in the 20th minute.
- The Lynx were able to calm down after the goal and locked down on defense in front of goalie David Crutchfield.
- Jack Wadleigh scored his first goal of the game and second of the season within the first minute of the second half and the Lynx did not stop there. They took eight shots in the second half, while limiting Dean to only two.
- Crutchfield was great after letting in the early goal, saving four of the five total shots sent his way. Antoch was equally impressive for Dean, stopping eight of nine shots in regulation.
- With the score tied 1-1, the Lynx and Bulldogs found themselves in overtime. It only took one shot and four minutes for Wadleigh to get another one by Antoch, earning his third goal of the year and a clutch win for his team.
- Wadleigh led the Lynx with six shots, five of them on net and two of them in net. Kusi and Liam Crowley each had three shots with two on net for the Bulldogs.
- Crutchfield advanced to 4-4 on the season with the win, while Antoch fell to 3-5.
The Lynx continue their roadtrip, traveling for a non-conference match against the Wentworth Leopards on Thursday October 3rd at 7 PM.