BOSTON, MA. -- The Lesley men's soccer team battled to the end, but were defeated by the Wentworth Leopards by a 3-2 score on Thursday night. The Lynx fall to 4-6 on the season, while the Leopards advance to 4-5-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Leopards got going early, taking the first three shots of the game and scoring the first goal in the 7th minute. A foul in the box gave Wentworth's Nathan Gosselin a penalty opportunity and he was able to get it past David Crutchfield for his second goal of the season.
- Lesley tied it up ten minutes later when Tiago Pacheco sent a header in off of a corner kick by Shane Rockenbach. It was Pacheco's first goal of the season and Rockenbach's first assist.
- Wentworth kept the pressure on and found Gosselin his second goal of the game, with an assist by John Dauphin. The Leopards were on the attack for a good amount of the first half, outshooting the Lynx 11-4.
- Both defenses settled down after the early fireworks and the Lynx swapped goalies at halftime. Crutchfield ended his night saving five of the seven shots directed at him.
- The second half was a silent affair until the 78th minute when Jack Wadleigh continued his hot streak and found a way to bring the Lynx even at 2 with his fourth goal of the year. Pacheco earned the assist after threading a pass into Wadleigh.
- The Leopards took their lead back about thirty seconds later after Andrew Collari found Griffin Price for Price's third goal of the season. He was able to sneak one between the left post and Lynx goalkeeper Patrick Corcoran.
- Corcoran save three of four shots at him, but the one miss was all the Leopards needed to take home the win. Nick Barner, who earned his first win of the season for Wentworth saved two of four shots taken by the Lynx.
The Lynx are back in action on Saturday October 5th for a non-conference road match with UMass-Dartmouth at noon.