DARTMOUTH, MA. -- The Lesley men's soccer team had a good offensive day, but ultimately came up short against non-conference UMass-Dartmouth in a 6-3 loss. The road loss bring the Lynx to 4-7 on the season, while the Corairs advance to 6-4
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Corsairs struck first in the game's fifth minute, with Tyler Medeiros getting one past David Crutchfield from the left. Medeiros got his first goal of the season, with the assist from Junior Monteiro.
- Monteiro helped another teammate, Yorik Sajbin, grab a goal in the 20th minute. Sajbin's goal was his fourth of the season and put the Corsairs ahead 2-0 early.
- The Lynx couldn't get much going in the first half, being outshot 9-3 by the Corsairs. Crutchfield was able to hold off the attack from UMD despite allowing the two goals.
- The sides wre more balanced on paper in the second half, with the Corsairs again taking nine shots but the Lynx taking seven chances.
- Eric Barry extended the Corsairs' lead to 3-0 after a cross by Goncalo Roias for his first goal of the season.
- Jack Wadleigh continued his scoring streak with two goals in this one. His first came in the 58th minute on a breakaway for his fifth goal of the season.
- The Lynx were able to get back in the game momentarily as AJ Genova scored his first goal of the season from a deflection off of Corsair goalie Chris Moussavi.
- After notching two assists in the first half, Monteiro was able to grab a goal of his own to restore UMD's two goal lead. Monteiro was able to get through the middle with an assist from Sajbin.
- Wadleigh's second goal came in the 73rd minute after a yellow card by UMD's Nilin Nehra. Wadleigh is now up to six goals on the season, but it would be Lesley's final chance to stick with UMD.
- Over the game's final eleven minutes, Sajbin continued his already great day by adding two more goals to complete the hat trick. Sajbin finished his afternoon with three goals and an assist to lead the Corsairs to a win.
- Moussavi earned his first win of the season, while Crutchfield's record fell to 4-5 after only being able to save five of eleven shots taken at him.
The Lynx return home on Monday October 7th for a non-conference match with Rivier College at 8 PM.