CHICOPEE, MA. -- The Lesley men's soccer team stayed undefeated in conference play after beating the Elms College Blazers 2-1 on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx advance to 6-7 on the season and 3-0 in the conference, while the Blazers fall to 2-8-3 and 1-2 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The defenses were showcased early, with neither team getting many scoring chances early in the game.
- Jack Wadleigh continued his scorching hot stretch, scoring in the 21st minute to put the Lynx ahead 1-0. He got on the board again in the 34th minute for a 2-0 lead.
- The goals were numbers eight and nine on the season for Wadleigh, with eight of them coming in the last five games. Wadleigh's scoring streak is now at five straight games.
- Wadleigh's second goal would be all the Lynx needed, though the Blazers got one for themselves with sixteen seconds left in the game. Babba Jaden put it in for Elms for his eighth goal of the season.
- The Lynx were led in shots by Wadleigh with three and Daniel Monteserin had two as well. Jaden, Alex Egan, Michael Lemke, and Justin Szwajkowski all had two shots for the Blazers.
- David Crutchfield saved six of seven shots sent his way to earn his fifth win of the season. Julian Brosi earned the loss for Elms, though he saved five of the seven shots taken at him by the Lynx.
The Lynx return home to continue conference play with a match against New England College on Wednesday October 16th. Kickoff is at 8 PM.