CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Men's soccer team began their 2021 season with a 7-0 loss to the MIT Engineers on Wednesday night. The Lynx start the season 0-1, while the Engineers get off to a 1-0 start.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx held off MIT for the game's first 25 minutes. They were able to keep a strong defensive front in front of goalkeeper Michael Bolduc.
- The Engineers picked up their first goal in the 26th minute. Peter Novoa capitalized on a cross by Nathan Guntvedt for his first goal of the season. Will Seiple added a second goal for MIT just before halftime, with Aidan Hallinan on the assist.
- The second half was all MIT, starting with Billy Menken scoring in the 54th minute. Menken scored off a Guntvedt pass for Guntvedt's second assist of the game.
- Novoa scored a second goal in the 58th minute, while Seiple picked up a goal in the 75th and his second assist in the 79th on an Alex Weiler goal. To wrap things up for MIT, Hendrik Mayer scored on a free kick in the 86th minute.
- The Lynx were unable to get a shot on goal, while the Engineers took 15. Bolduc finished with eight saves in his 90 minutes.
The Lynx play their first home game this Saturday, September 4, against Dean College. Kickoff is at 3:30 PM.