CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Men's soccer team fall by a 2-0 score in a physical matchup with Dean College on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 2-0 to start their season, while the Bulldogs even out to a 1-1 record.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx were under pressure early, with Dean's Reinorf Kusi taking chances early on. The Bulldogs kept the pressure on freshman goalie Josiah Williams, who held up well in his first start.
- In the 9th minute, Dean found their first real chance. Williams deflected a shot out of bounds, leading to a corner by Sean Doherty. Bryce King was able to pick up a deflection in the box and put it into the net before Williams could get back into position.
- The Lynx were able to catch up to the push that the Bulldogs were making and keep the game under control in the first half. Both teams fought hard, leading to a total of eight fouls called on Lesley and eleven on Dean.
- Angel Rivera put the Bulldogs ahead 2-0 five minutes into the second half after getting an open chance in the middle of the box. Despite the lead doubling, the Lynx fought hard for the rest of the second half. Sean Pugatch and Ian Charles were able to get two shots on net. Pugatch nailed the crossbar with one chance, but Dean keeper Bryce Antoch was able to keep up the shut out.
- Williams took the loss, though he saved five of seven shots against an aggressive Bulldogs front.
The Lynx hit the road again to take on Regis College on Wednesday September 8 at 4 PM.