CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Men's Soccer team played to their first draw of the season against conference opponent Mitchell College on Saturday night. The Lynx move to 0-11-1 and 0-1-1 in the conference, while the Mariners sit at 0-8-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx had the edge early in a very physical matchup. Daniel Cannelys scored his first collegiate goal in the 18th minute on a penlaty kick after he was taken down in the box on a play that resulted in Daniel Hotaling of Mitchell erning the first of ten cards issued in the match.
- It was a quietly even first half, as Mitchell got off eight shots and Lesley got off six. Cannelys' goal was the only blemish for either goalie, as both Lesley's Michael Bolduc and Mitchell's Joey Rosa held strong.
- Mitchell found their equalizer in the 62nd minute on a free kick goal. Bolduc had earned a free kick of his own, but he committed a penalty by passing the ball to defender Armando Bahena who headed it directly back to Bolduc, thinking he would have the freedom to move around in the box. Dylan Lucey took the initial free kick, and tapped it to Nicholas Ghirardi who slid it through the Lynx line in net.
- The match remained fairly even to the end, with both teams getting and squandering opportunities to jump ahead. The game got chippier and slower as it went, with nine more cards and numerous warnings being issued. After two overtimes, Mitchell's Nolan Clack was issued a red card and was ejected as time expired and a draw was secured.
- Cannelys led the Lynx with five shots, while Clack led his side with the save. Rosa saved four of five shots on goal, while Bolduc saved eight of nine.
The Lynx take a week off before their next conference match on the road at Eastern Nazarene on Saturday October 16th at 4 PM.