CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Men's Soccer team fell to conference opponent Eastern Nazarene College in a close 3-2 match on Wednesday night. The Lynx fall to 0-14-1 overall and 0-4-1 in conference play, while the Lions advance to 11-6 overall and a perfect 4-0 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Both teams played well to start the game, though a miscue by Lesley got the Lions on the board early. A ball sent into the box resulted in small contact between Lynx goalkeeper Josiah Williams and a Lions player, with the ball bouncing off a Lynx defender into the net. There was no clear call on the field, but the result of the play was an own goal and a 1-0 ENC lead.
- Another fortunate bounce led to the second Lions goal. Chaos in the box ended with the ball at Kirby Georgeon's feet and he found an open Michael Fortscher who delivered the strike to put his team up 2-0 heading into halftime.
- The Lynx took an opportunity to score as Daniel Monteserin took charge of things and weaved through the Lions defense on his own. Shooting through five defenders, he got the ball past ENC goalkeeper Tyler Ferreira to pull the Lynx within one.
- Monteserin completed the brace and tied game at two goals apiece in the 69th minute. Barry Mamadou picked up a free kick from Christopher Hallie, heading it straight to an undefended Monteserin who blasted it into the net for his third goal of the year. Mamadou picked up his first assist.
- The Lynx were able to hold the tie until the 86th minute, when Guillermo Garcia sent an absolute bullet past Lynx goalkeeper Michael Bolduc. Bryan Vargas picked up the assist on the gamewinner.
- Bolduc, who came in earlier for an injured Williams, picked up the loss. Monteserin's three shots led the Lynx, while Vargas and Jaime Romero led ENC with four each.
The Lynx close out the regular season on Saturday October 30th on the road at Mitchell College at 12 PM.