Cambridge, MA: Lesley's men's tennis team was defeated 8-1 by Boston's Suffolk University at Nicholas Athletic Center on Tuesday, April 3. The two schools faced off in nine matches, consisting of six singles and three doubles contests. The Lynx's only victory on the day came in the singles competition as Patrick Corcoran overcame his opponent in a tiebreaker. The result leaves Lesley with a 0-2 record while Suffolk improve to 3-2 for the 2018 campaign.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Patrick Corcoran claimed the lone win on the Lynx side going the full three sets over the Ram's Charles Tang. Corcoran earned the first set 7-6 while falling to Tang 6-2 in the next set to take in to the winner take all third set. Corcoran battled his way to a 11-9 victory for Lesley.
- Senior Niko Marcolini was involved in quite a competitive singles contest against Suffolk's Cameron Roach, but it was Roach who earned the victory after a three set match for the Rams.
- William Sgro also battled his way to 3 sets but was defeated by Rami Esrawi 10-5 in a third for the Ram victory.
- The Lynx fell in the remaining singles matches to claim the 8-1 victory.
- Lesley's Niko Marcolini and William Sgro were paired together for the double's portion and fell 8-5 to Mike DeFelice and Cameron Roach.
- Beowulf Urban and Gerry Chica were pitted against Suffolk's Kevin Greenman and Rawi Esrawi in the second doubles match of the day. Greenman and Esrawi emerged the victors on a 8-4 score line.
- In the final doubles match, Suffolk's Charles Tang and David Grujic overcame Lesley's Patrick Corcoran and Peter Weiss 8-3.
Lesley entertains UMass-Dartmouth at Nicholas Athletic Center in Cambridge on Thursday, April 5 at 7.30pm.