Cambridge, MA: Lesley University was defeated 9-0 at home by Wentworth Institute of Technology on Friday, April 13. The event consisted of three doubles matches and six singles contests. Lesley's record for 2018 is now 1-5 while Wentworth hold a 4-7 record.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- In the opening doubles match of the night, senior Niko Marcolini and Connecticut native William Sgro were defeated 8-2 by the Jeff Tocco-Tyler Hall combination. Lesley's Beowulf Urban and Evan Flaherty were no match for Alex Mularski and Jarrett North as the Wentworth duo came out on top 8-1.
- Gerry Chica and Peter Weiss fared the best out of the three Lynx double pairings. However, they were also beaten by Matt Roberts and Tristan Maus on an 8-4 scoreline.
- Lesley's Niko Marcolini found himself up against Jeff Tocco for the second time but on this occasion it was in singles action. Wentworth's Tocco won in straight sets; 6-1, 6-1.
- In the second singles match of the night, the Lynx's Beowulf Urban failed to win a game against Tyler Hall.
- Lesley sophomore Gerry Chica put up a strong showing in his singles encounter with Jarrett North. Chica only lost the opening set 7-5 before slipping to a 6-1 loss in the second and final set.
- William Sgro lost the opening set of his singles clash with Wentworth's Tristan Maus but the freshman bounced back to take the second 6-2. However, Maus claimed the singles match by coming out on top in the third set 10-6.
- Sophomore Evan Flaherty was only able to claim one game in his singles loss to Wentworth's Alex Mularski.
- In the sixth and final singles match of the night in Cambridge, Patrick Corcoran was defeated 6-2, 6-0 by Wentworth's Matt Roberts.
Lesley make the trip out of state on Sunday, April 15 to play Albertus Magnus College in Milford, Connecticut at 3.30pm.