Leicester, MA: Lesley made a successful trip to Leicester on Friday, April 20 as they defeated home school Becker College 6-3. Lesley won four of the six singles matches and two of the three doubles contests. The victory leaves Lesley with a 2-6 record this season while Becker is 1-8 for 2018.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- In the opening singles match of the evening, Lesley's Beowulf Urban was defeated 6-3, 6-1 by Thomas Lanphear.
- The second singles contest had the exact same scoreline as the first encounter but on this occasion it was Lesley who won 6-3, 6-1. Lynx sophomore Gerry Chica was too good for Becker's Edward Seol.
- William Sgro won his singles match-up with Leemar Baptista in straight sets; 6-2, 6-0.
- Lesley's Evan Flaherty failed to win a set against Emmett Smith, going down 6-4, 6-1 in the end.
- The only singles match that went to a third set was between Lesley's Patrick Corcoran and Alex Kielczewski. Corcoran came out on top 6-1, 3-6, 6-2.
- In the final singles contest of the event, Lesley's Evan Zona defeated Christopher Negus in two sets; 6-4, 6-3.
- The Lesley combination of Beowulf Urban and William Sgro won the first doubles match of the evening, defeating Becker's Thomas Lanphear and Edward Seol 8-3.
- The Lynx pair of Gerry Chica and Colin Holter edged out the Hawks duo of Leemar Baptista and Emmett Smith 8-6.
- The home team claimed the third and final doubles contest. Becker's Alex Kielczewski and Christopher Negus outscored Peter Weiss and Evan McDermod 8-3.