Weston, MA. - Both Lesley Men's and Women's Track & Field programs excelled at the Regis Classic at Regis Stadium on Friday afternoon on the campus of Regis College. The Women's and Men's team competed in four different events.
- Kayla Ranere (Danbury, CT) collected a point for the Lynx after a sixth place finish in the 400 meters with a time of 1:09.20. Ranere also posted a time of 30.94 in the 200 meters for 25th place.
- In the 100 meter dash, Katelyn Andrews (Newington, CT.) finished as the fasted Lynx with a time of 14.25 for 17th place. Emma DeOliveria (Wellesley, MA.) followed in 24th place clocking at 14.66. Three more Lynx rounded out the sprinters in the 100m: Theresa Pereira (Hopedale, MA.) finished in 28th place (15.39), Karyn McEvoy (Qunicy, MA.) paced 30th place (15.90), and Kelly Flynn (Maynard, MA.) was tabbed 35th (18.73).
- Andrews posted the top time for the Lynx in the 200 meter dash, posting a time of 29.62 for 16th place. De Oliveira finished just behind with a time of 30.65 for 22nd place. Pereira (32.15), McEvoy (33.64), and Flynn (39.42) closed out the 200 meters for the Lynx.
- Meanwhile, Anne Cooper (Harvard, MA.) finished the 1500 meters in 6:03.04 to finish in 15th place.
- As for the Men, Mike Fleming (Southwick, MA.) highlighted the day with sixth place finish in the long jump. Fleming's leap of 5.57m was enough to earn the Lynx one point. Fleming also had strong performances in the 100m dash (12th place, 11.95 sec) and the 200m dash (13th place, 24.61 sec).
- Behind Fleming in the 100m was Jalen Philogene (West Hartford, CT.) (19th, 12.90), Tyler Gomes (Plymouth, MA.) (20th, 13.01), and Will Erwin (Scitaute, MA.) (22nd, 28.87). Meanwhile in the 200m Philogene finished in 27th with a time of 27.29, Erwin followed with a time of 40.10.
- In the Shot Put, Alexander Genova (Groton, CT.) throw of 7.95 meters earned 26th place.
Lesley will next compete on Saturday, April 13th, at the Penman Relays beginning at 10:00AM.