Medford, MA. - Both Lesley Men's and Women's Track & Field programs ran at the Tufts Sunshine Classic at Dussault Track on Saturday afternoon on the campus of Tufts University. The Women's team competed in four different events, while the Men's team competed in three.
- The strongest performance came from Katelyn Andrews (Newington, CT.) in the 100m dash. Andrews finished with a season best 13.83 seconds for a 5th place finish and to earn the Lynx four point in team scoring.
- Emma DeOliveria (Wellesley, MA.) followed in the 100m dash, clocking 14.64 for 9th place in the preliminaries. Annie Dai (Milton, MA.) and Kelly Flynn (Maynard, MA.) closed out the race with times of 17.91 (12th) and 18.90 (13th) respectively.
- In the 400 meter dash, Kayla Ranere (Danbury, CT) finished with a time of 1:09.51 for 11th place.
- Meanwhile, Anne Cooper (Harvard, MA.) finished the 1500 meters in 6:08.75 to finish in 20th place.
- In the shot put, Karyn McEvoy (Quincy, MA.) saved her best throw for last, notching 6.56 meters during her final throw for 14th place.
- As for the Men, three Lynx competed in the 100 meter dash. Mike Fleming (Southwick, MA.) led the pack with a time of 12.00 (15th place), Jalen Philogene (West Hartford, CT.) followed behind clocking in at 12.63 (20th place), while Will Erwin (Scitaute, MA.) rounded out the group finishing in 14.41 (21th place).
- In the field events, Fleming post 15th place in the long jump (5.66m). While, Alexander Genova (Groton, CT.) and Steven Newman (Natick, MA.) threw the shot put. Genova final mark reach 7.93 meters for 18th place, Newman placed 20th with a throw of 7.32 meters.
The Lynx get set to compete in the inaugural NECC Conference Championship held at Regis College on Sunday, April 28, beginning at 10:00 AM.