Cambridge, MA: Lesley's men's volleyball team found the going tough against Dean College on Tuesday, March 20 as they fell to a 3-0 home defeat. The Franklin school claimed the conference victory with sets of 25-9, 25-10 and 25-5. Lesley are now 0-6 this season and 0-4 in the NECC. Dean improve to 10-8 overall and 5-3 in conference. Alexander Genova was Lesley's top scorer with four kills and a service ace.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- After conceding the first point of the evening, Lesley surged clear with a four point run consisting of a kill and a service by Alexander Genova.
- The Franklin school responded in fine fashion with the next seven points including three service aces from Aaron Brody. Lynx head coach Jim Ray signalled for a timeout following Dean's seven point run and the call interrupted the streak as Brody was guilty of a service error the next play.
- Lesley couldn't find their scoring rhythm in the remainder of the first set and only tallied four points to their score. The home team's four remaining scores of the opening set were all kills arriving through from Genova (two), Steven Newman and John Gersbeck.
- Dean's Juan F Reulas-Garcia served his side's first five points of the second set,
- Gersbeck claimed Lesley's first kill of the set from a Karuna Chiemruom tee up to make it 12-4. Lesley's longest streak of the second set was three points which began with a kill from Genova kill followed by a pair of service aces from Gersbeck making it 16-7.
- The visiting team opened the third putting up 10 of the next 12 points. Dean dominated the rest of the third set and only yielded two more scores to Lesley; an attack error by Logan Muise and a Gabe McClain service error to claim the match victory.
Lesley plays a second home game in the space of 24 hours hosting Elms College at Nicholas Athletic Center on Wednesday, March 21 at 8pm.