Cambridge, MA: The Lesley men's volleyball team put up a valiant effort in losing to Eastern Nazarene College on Tuesday, March 27. Eastern Nazarene claimed the conference game in straight sets (25-18, 25-14 and 25-10). The result leaves the Lynx 0-9 for the season and 0-5 in conference. Meanwhile, the win updates the Lions record to 11-10 overall and 6-4 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley was competitive in the early stages of the opening set and found themselves just 6-4 adrift. One of Lesley's points early on came from a Colin Holter service ace.
- The Lions went as far as nine points clear in the first set when a James Hoopes kill resulted in Lynx head coach Jim Ray calling a timeout at 19-10. The call worked in Lesley's favor as they tagged on five unanswered points that included two Alexander Genova service aces.
- Eastern Nazarene closed out the first set of the conference game strongly with six of the remaining nine points to go 1-0 up on the night.
- Eastern Nazarene went on a 6-0 run early in the second set to take a 10-2 lead.
- Lesley added six of the next ten points to stay in the mix at 14-8. That impressive period from the Lynx included a pair of kills for Alexander Genova and one from middle hitter John Gersbeck.
- The Lions responded with six unanswered points to extend the lead 20-8 and earn the second set victory.
- Lesley claimed an early lead in the final set on two occasions, but two 6-0 runs by the Lions took control of the match and the 15-point win.
- Alexander Genova was Lesley's most effective performer on the night with three kills on the attack and two aces on serve.
Lesley next hosts Mount Ida College on Thursday, March 29 at 8pm.