Cambridge, MA: Lesley was defeated by Chicopee school Elms College on a score line of 25-4, 25-3, 25-7 in a NECC conference game on Wednesday, April 4. The result leaves Lesley with a 0-11 overall record and 0-6 in conference while Elms are now 17-6 for the 2018 season and 9-2 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley's opening score of the first set came when they trailed 3-0 as Elms outside hitter Jeremy Torres committed an attack error.
- The Lynx's other three scores in the opening set consisted of two points for Alexander Genova and a service error by the Blazers Martin Acevedo. Genova's scores arrived after he was assisted by Steven Newman and then by freshman Cesar Neves.
- The Blazers the went on a 11-0 tear to end the first set 25-4.
- Lesley's opening score of the second set came from Genova after the Connecticut native was teed up by Colin Holter. From Holter's service that followed, Lesley gained their second point due to a Pablo Ortiz attack error. Lesley's other score in the second set came following an attack error by Elms' Blake Fry.
- Lesley's seven points in the third and final set consisted of four attack errors, two kills and one bad set. The Lynx two kills came from Genova and Steven Newman, who were both assisted by Neves.
- Genova was Lesley's best performer on the night with three kills in the attack.
- The Blazers were led by Jake Johnson with 11 kills in the match.
Lesley's on the road on Friday, April 6 with a busy schedule of three games. The Lynx play Newbury College in a double header at 4 and 5.30pm before finishing the day against Eastern Nazarene College at 7.30pm.