Medford, Mass.- Lesley University Men's Volleyball dropped its home opener against the Bison of Nichols College, 3-0. Nichols captured victory in straight sets; 25-5, 25-6, and 25-4. The Bison boost its record to 7-7 and 3-2 in NECC conference play. Meanwhile, the Lynx move to 0-1, 0-1 in conference, on the young season.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Early in the first set, Lesley was tied 1-1 with the visitors with the Lynx point coming from a service error from Nichols Luis Castro.
- The Bisons picked up the tempo with a nine point streak which included two kills from Lance Law and three service aces from Ray Wang.
- Lesley continued to battle but could not catch the Bison as they added to the lead on sperate streaks. Nichols had 20 points to spare in claiming the opening set.
- The Lynx would begin to challenge the Bison at the net with AJ Genova notching a solo block and Mike Fleming and Andrew Medeiros combining for another in the second set.
- However, Nichols ended any chance of a comeback, putting the set away 25-6.
- Nichols closed the match with a strong third set, 25-4, limiting the Lynx to 12 total attacks and dishing out 11 kills.
- Lesley standout performers included Genova leading the way with seven digs, while Owen Simpson tallied a team high 3.0 points (two kills and solo block).
- Nick Vermette had game high eight kills, along with Law and Sean Jackson each contributing five kills. Kevin Keohane provided eight assists and six service aces.
Lesley (0-1,0-1) travel to Dean College on Monday, March 4th, with an expected start time of 7:00PM. Nichols College (7-7,3-2) get set for a conference road clash against Southern Vermont College Wednesday, March 6th, beginning at 7:00PM.