Dudley, MA. - Lesley University men's volleyball dropped both matches of tri-match on Saturday afternoon in Dudley, MA. on the campus of Nichols College. Nichols claimed the first match with sets of 25-6, 25-5 and 25-3. Northern Vermont University-Johnston claimed its first win of season with games of 20-25, 25-22, 14-25, 25-16, and 15-9 over Lesley. Nichols College move to 10-8 overall and 6-3 in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action. NVU-Johnston move to 1-13 overall. Meanwhile, the Lynx fall to 0-7 overall, 0-6 in conference.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Alexander Genova (Groton, CT.) led the offense with four kills, while Steven Newman (Natick, MA.) added three kills.
- Newman came in with three assists to lead the Lynx.
- Andrew Medeiros (Bristol, R.I.) mopped things up defensively with three digs, Genova and Newman each added two digs on the afternoon.
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Lynx set the tone winning the first set 25-20. This was the first set win for the Lynx this season.
- Lesley would go on to win the third set against the Badgers, 25-14, giving the Lynx a 2-1 games lead. However, NVU-Johnston would pull through in the final two sets to steal the victory.
- Genova filled the stat sheet with 14 kills, 24 digs, and two assists; all season highs.
- Medeiros was the defensive leader with a career high 28 digs. Newman and Jacob Shattuck (Palmer, MA.) came up with 17 and 12 digs respectively, season highs for both.
- Lesley, as a team, set season high in kills (22), assists (17), and digs (89).
Lesley (0-7, 0-6) return to the court Tuesday, March 19, for conference match against Eastern Nazarene at 7:00PM.