Chestnut Hill, MA- Lesley Men's Volleyball earned a split in tri-match held at Pine Manor College on Sunday afternoon. The Lynx grabbed their first win of the season with a five set thriller against Pine Manor, 3-2. The Lynx held off the Gators with scores of 25-14, 18-25, 20-25, 25-19, and 15-12. In the second game, Lesley were swept by Colby-Sawyer College with sets of 25-9, 25-15, and 25-19. Lesley post a 1-16 record on the season, while Pine Manor fall to 2-12, and Colby-Sawyer improve to 10-13 on the year.
LESLEY HIGHLIGHT- GAME 1
- Lesley would open the first set on a 5-0 run and keep themselves up in front of the Gators for the set. Lesley would close the first set of on an 8-3 run, which included two Owen Simpson (Merrimack, NH) service aces, to take the first set 25-14.
- Meanwhile, the Gators would go on to win the next two sets to hold a 2-1 advantage heading into fourth set.
- In set four the Lynx battled to knot things up at 2-2 with a 25-19 win. In the decisive set, Pine Manor were up 8-6 forcing Lesley into a timeout.
- However, the Lynx would put together a 6-1 stretch to take a 12-9 lead. Lesley would hold out till the end, 15-13, in the final set for the win in a close five set match
- Alexander Genova (Groton, CT) had a career day with 33 kills against the Gators, match-high. Simpson and Steven Newman (Natick, MA) each came up with three kills of their own.
- John Gersbeck (Westerly, R.I.) ran the offense with a career high and match-high 38 assists.
- Meanwhile, Genova set the pace on defense with 17 digs. Andrew Medeiros (Bristol, R.I.) followed closely behind with 11 digs of his own.
LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS- GAME 2
- Genova led the attack with 14 kills against Colby-Sawyer.
- Gersbeck, ran the offense on his own with all of the Lynx 13 assists.
- On defense, Genova paved the way with eight digs.
Lesley (1-16) next travel back to Chestnut Hill on Thursday, April 4, for a rematch with the Gators. The match is set to begin at 6:00PM.