BOSTON, MA-- The Lesley University Men's Volleyball dropped its season opener against the Lions of Emerson College, 3-0. Emerson captured the victory in straight sets; 25-10, 25-20, and 25-10. The Lions boost its record to 2-2 while the Lynx move to 0-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lions jumped out to an early 0-13 lead in the first set. Lesley was able to go on a four-point run powered by two blocks by Owen Simpson. However, that was not enough and the Lynx lost the first set by a score of 10-25.
- The second set was a lot closer, with the Lynx and Lions splitting the first 10 points of the set. Emerson than went on an 11-3 run, to give them a 16-8 lead. The Lynx were able to trade off points with the Lions, but the Lions took the set by a score of 25-20.
- Emerson jumped out to an early 10-6 lead in the third set. The Lynx were never able to fight back and lost the set 10-25.
- Lesley was led offensively by AJ Genova who tallied 6 kills, while Sean Pugatch added one for the Lynx.
- Pugatch led the Lynx defensively with 8 digs, while senior Andrew Medeiros added 7 digs.
Lesley will return to the court on Saturday February 8th for its home opener against Johnson State College. The two teams will compete in back to back matches with start times at 6:30 and 8:30PM.