MEDFORD, MA. – The Lesley men's volleyball team battled against the NVU-Johnson Badgers, but lost both matches of a doubleheader 3 sets to 1. The two losses put the Lynx at 0-3 overall on the season, while the Badgers advance to 4-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Badgers came out strong in the first set of the first match, taking it 25-17. The Lynx held strong to cut NVU's runs short and get back within two points each time, but Jason Madrid led a four point run to close out the set.
- The second set was similar to the first, with the Badgers again running away late. Randy Willette led a seven point run to finish the set and take it 25-19 to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
- The Lynx would not go down without a fight. They took the third set 31-29 after a back-and-forth ending. The Badgers were ahead 12-6 early, but the Lynx battled back to win it in the end.
- A five point run early in the fourth set put the Badgers in the driver's seat and they were able to win it 25-17 again and finish out the first match of the night with a victory. AJ Genova had 15 kills for the Lynx, while Armando Bahena had 17 assists.
- The Badgers came out hot again with a 25-9 victory in the first set of match two. Madrid led a nine point run to end the set after the Lynx could not put together more than one point at a time.
- The Lynx managed to take the second set 25-23 and tie the match at one apiece. Genova had five kills in the set and the Lynx were able to get some key errors from the Badgers.
- Lesley would not go quietly, but the Badgers held strong to take sets three and four and win the second match. NVU won set three 25-21 and set four 26-24. Jesse Streeter had 14 kills in the second match for NVU, while Jason Madrid had 33 assists.
The Lynx get some time off before their next match when they take on Endicott College at home on Saturday February 22nd at 4:30 PM.