North Myrtle Beach, SC: The Lesley softball team got their 2018 season off to a flying start as they had four runs to spare over Univeristy of Saint Joseph's of Connecticut on Saturday, March 10. While the Lynx victory was convincing in the end, they were slow to get going as the Bluejays took a 2-0 lead in the first inning. However, Lesley responded magnificently with six unanswered runs in the remainder of the game to claim an opening day victory.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- University of Saint Joseph scored first off an Amaria Sharon single through the right side which resulted in Morgan Skoly scoring the first run of the game.
- Amaria Sharon made it 2-0 for the Connecticut school in the opening inning following Kara Klimaszewski's single to Lesley's shortstop.
- Lesley responded in the second inning when Jordan Raab shot up the middle of the park leading to freshman Jordan Day scoring.
- Two more Lesley players crossed the plate in the third inning to give Lesley a 3-2 edge. Ashleigh Acker smacked a double to left center scoring Riley Pickett and Courtney Goggin.
- The Lynx went two runs clear in the fourth inning when Jordan Raab roped a triple down the right field line and her teammate Juliana Cecere crossed home.
- Lesley's run streak continued in the fourth as Kristen DiCicco connected for a single through the left side, that scored Raab for a comfortable 5-2 lead.
- The sixth and final run of Lesley's streak arrived in the sixth inning when DiCicco singled up the middle to score senior Theresa Pereira to seal the win for the Lynx.
- Lesley came out with big bats scattering 15 hits.
- Freshman pitcher Jordan Day had 9 strikeouts in the complete 7 inning game victory for her first collegiate win.
- Junior Jordan Raab went 3-3 with 2 RBI.
- Freshman Kristen DiCicco went 2-3 with 2 RBI.