Posted: Mar 13, 2018
DAY 2 OVERVIEW:
North Myrtle Beach, SC: The Lesley softball team went 2-1 on day two of the Fastpitch Dreams tournament in South Carolina. The Lynx fell to Emory & Henry in the morning game 10-2, and then bounced back to claim victories over Alfred State 18-2, and Keystone College 9-3. The three game day sits Lesley at an overall record of 4-1 on the young season.
GAME 1 vs Emory & Henry:
- After a scoreless opening inning, Lesley scored first with a pair of runs off a double from Stephanie Schofield.
- Emory & Henry responded in the bottom of the frame with 6 runs highlighted by a triple to left center by Kendall Varner.
- The Lynx couldn't muster a hit in the remainder of the game, which proved to be the difference as the Wasps tacked on 1 in the third and 3 in the fifth to secure the 10-2 victory.
- Schofield went 2-1 with 2 RBI's in the game. Freshman Jordan Day and Junior Jordan Raab each chipped in a hit.
GAME 2 vs Alfred State:
- Freshman Riley Pickett sparked an 8 run first inning with a triple to score the first two Lynx batters in the line up. Lesley batted around the line up with additional RBI's from Senior Courtney Goggin, Stephanie Schofield, and Theresa Pereira.
- Freshman ace Jordan Day struck out the side in the top of the second, and then followed up with her first collegiate homerun to give the Lynx the 9-0 lead at the end of two.
- Alfred State scored their only runs in the game in the third inning when Ashleigh Peterson shot a double in the right center gap, scoring Zoe Derr and Morgan Franklin.
- Ashleigh Acker capped off a 7-run fourth inning off a bases loaded, base clearing double
- Day and Juliana Cecere each chipped in RBI's in the fourth, but it was Ashleigh Acker's bases loaded, base clearing double that capped off a 7-run inning to seal the 18-2 victory.
- Pickett went 3-3 with 4 RBI, Acker went 2-3 with 4 RBI, Day went 2-2 with 2 RBI while striking out 10 batters in 4 innings of work.
GAME 3 vs Keystone College:
- Lesley scored 2 runs in the top of the second to take an early lead. Junior Abby Henderseon sent a deep ball to center with two outs that the centerfielder couldn't handle and scored classmate Jordan Raab from first. Sophomore Juliana Cecere followed up with a single up the middle to score Henderson for the 2-0 lead.
- The Lynx added two more runs in the third inning again with two outs. Senior Courtney Goggin reaching first on a single to left then scored off a triple to right center off the bat of Freshman Riley Pickett. Ashleigh Acker followed up with a single to score Pickett, making it 4-0 Lesley.
- Keystone answered 1 run back in the bottom of the frame of a Lynx defensive miscue, the the Lesley defense got out of the inning leaving two left on base.
- Lesley continued to be on the offensive attack scoring in each inning for the remainer of the game. Freshman Kristen DiCicco had 4 RBI's in the four inning stretch to lead Lesley to the 9-3 victory.
- The Lynx had a a total of 14 hits in the game, lead by DiCicco (2-5, 4 RBI) and Acker (3-4).