East Boston, MA: Lesley was edged out narrowly by Suffolk University in two low-scoring pitcher's duels in a non-conference double-header on Monday, April 9. The Lynx were defeated 2-1 in the opening game and fell 1-0 in the nightcap. Lesley slips to 10-6 overall and are unbeaten after four conference games. Suffolk improves to 12-6 overall this season and 5-1 in their own conference.
GAME 1- INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley came out in the top of the first inning with an RBI single from freshman Riley Pickett to score lead off hitter Courtney Goggin.
- Suffolk tied it up off two out, bases loaded a pick off attemp from Lynx catcher Julianna Cecere.
- The rest of the game showed limited offense with both teams relying on their defense and pitching to keep runners to a minimal.
- Suffolk scored the game winner in the top of the fifth with a two out RBI single from Delaney Sylvester to score Jaclyn Flint from first base.
- Lesley threatened in the sixth and seventh inning with runners in scoring position but were unable to capitalize leaving runners on base in both innings to secure the Rams victory.
GAME 2- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Game two proved similar action with both teams flashing the leather and pitching, only allowing 3 hits a piece in the 7 inning game.
- The solitary run of the contest occurred at the bottom of the third inning. Suffolk shortstop Payton Sylvester singled to center field to score Madison Eucalitto.
- Ali Yamakaltis earned the win for the Rams in a complete 7 inning shutout, giving up 3 hits and striking out 4.
- Jordan Day takes the loss allowing 1 earned run and striking out 4.
Lesley continues with non-conference action as they travel to play Framingham State College in a double-header on Tuesday, April 10. The games are scheduled to begin at 3 and 5pm.