Cambridge, Mass- The Lesley softball team swept Dean College in an NECC match up on Sunday afternoon at Buckingham field. The first game was a close battle with the Lynx winning narrowly, 3-2. The offense came alive in game two and Lesley was able to secure the 8-0 victory in 5 innings. With the sweep, Lesley improves to 16-10 overall and 9-1 in NECC conference action. The Bulldogs slip to 8-24 overall and 3-11 in the NECC.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The game didn't have much offense through the first three innings. The bulldogs threated in the fourth with runners at the corners and no outs, but the Lynx defense stopped the threat gunning a run at home on a attemped squeeze bunt at the plate, and then sophomore catcher Ally Murphy throwing a runner out who tried to steal second. Freshman pitcher Jordan Day ended the inning with a big strike out to keep the Bulldogs off the board.
- Lesley scored all three of their runs in the bottom of the fourth. Junior Jordan Raab blasted a solo homer over the left field fence for the first run of the game. Classmate Abby Henderson later hit a two out, two RBI double to left center to score Murphy and Theresa Pereira to give the Lynx the 3-0 lead.
- Day shut down the Bulldogs in the the fifth retiring all three batters in a row, but the Bulldogs came back in the sixth to get their first run of the game off a passed ball. Dean added one more run in the seventh off an RBI single from Carissa Menzinger, but it was great defense by Lynx freshman third basebman Riley Pickett the shut down the threat and give the Lynx the win.
- Jordan Raab went 1-3 with a homerun.
- Ally Murphy and Abby Henderson each went 2-3, with Henderson adding 2 RBI's.
- Theresa Pereira went perfect 3-3.
- Jordan Day picks up the win tossing all 7 innings and striking out 7.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley came out ready to attack scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the first. Courtney Goggin lead off the game with a single, then later advanced to third off a single from Riley Pickett. Jordan Day earned a walk to load the bases for Jordan Raab to blast a double scoring both Goggin and Pickett.
- The Lynx added one more run in the third when Raab fouled out to firstbase and Pickett stole home on the play.
- Lesley Pitcher Day kept the Bulldogs off balance only allowing two hits the entire game. Lesley added 5 runs off 7 hits in the bottom of the fourth to secure the 8-0 win in run rule fashion.