Boston, MA: Lesley earned the sweep over the Wildcats in an NECC conference double-header on Saturday, April 28. The Lynx conceded just one run over the course of two games as they won the opener 13-0 before claiming the second game 16-1. It leaves Lesley with a 19-11 overall record and 11-2 in conference while Wheelock now have a 2-28 overall record and are winless from 16 NECC games.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley opened the scoring at the top of the third inning. Following Ashleigh Acker's hit, senior Theresa Pereira advanced to third before scoring an unearned run due to an error by the Wheelock first baseman. Patricia Muratore also scored a run in the play. The Lynx made it 3-0 before the end of the frame as Ashleigh Acker scored an unearned run after Riley Pickett's single up the middle for an RBI.
- At the top of the fourth, Lesley gained their fourth run with Patricia Muratore's single for an RBI with Kristen DiCicco scoring. Lesley's lead increased to eight following Ashleigh Acker's triple down the left field line for three RBI's.
- The Lynx closed out a successful inning with a Riley Pickett double for an RBI and a Jordan Day single for an RBI which meant the away team now held a 10-0 lead.
- Freshman Riley Pickett homered to left field for three RBI's in the fifth to seal the 13-0 victory in five innings.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley opened an early lead in the first inning when Ashleigh Acker scored on the back of Riley Pickett's single up the middle for an RBI, which allowed her to advance to second base on the throw.
- At the top of the second, the Lynx added a three runs. Patricia Muratore crossed the home plate on the back of an Abby Henderson single to second base for an RBI. Lesley hit their second home run of the afternoon and first of game two as Ashleigh Acker hit a two-run homer.
- The Wildcats secured their only run of the game at the bottom of the second when Abbegail Adams earned a bases loaded walk.
- Theresa Pereira, Henderson, Courtney Goggin, and Acker eached chipped in RBI hits to extend the Lynx lead.
- Jordan Day smashed her first of two homers in the game in the third. Pickett blasted her second homer of the day, a 3-run shot in the fourth, where Day followed in the next at bat with a solo for for back to back homers for the Lynx and extend their lead 16-1 for the sweep.