Cambridge, MA: Lesley concluded their regular season by completing a clean sweep over Southern Vermont College in their conference double-header on Sunday, April 29. The Lynx were far too good in the opening game, winning 14-2 in five innings. The second contest was much more competitive as Southern Vermont opened a 3-0 lead following a home run. Lesley gradually impressively to claim the game by double scores, 8-4. Lesley finish the regular season 22-11 overall and 14-2 in conference. Southern Vermont's regular season has also now concluded with a 3-29 overall record and 3-13 in conference.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Courtney Goggin lead off the game with a single, and later scored following Jordan Day's single to right field for an RBI. Juliana Cecere hit her first collegiate homer run to put Lesley 2-0 up in the second. Shortstop Ashleigh Acker and Theresa Pereira scored runs after Riley Pickett doubled to center field for two RBI's.
- Theresa Pereira gained her second run and Kristen DiCicco scored her first in the third inning on the back of Abby Henderson's double to left field for two RBI's.
- The Lynx would go on to add a further eight runs at the bottom of the third. Courtney Goggin secured an RBI when advancing to second base on the throw as Abby Henderson reached home.
- Courtney Goggin scored an unearned run when Ashleigh Acker reached third base after the Southern Vermont center fielder made an error.
- Freshman Riley Pickett hit a single for an RBI and followed up with a run from a Jordan Raab double to put Lesley into a comfortable 10-0 lead.
- Of the four remaining runs that Lesley added in the inning, three of them were RBI's from Juliana Cecere, Theresa Pereira and Abby Henderson.
- Southern Vermont scored two runs in the fifth and final inning through Brooke Gates and Tessa Sheades.
- Theresa Pereira was the leader for Lesley in both hits and runs in the conference game with three in both category.
GAME 2-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Southern Vermont set out their intentions early in game two after their heavy defeat in the previous contest. Mackenzie Rumrill hit a home run to left field for three RBI's with Nicole Matthews and Shea Wilson reaching home also.
- Lesley responded with a big hit at the bottom of the opening inning as Ashleigh Acker blasted a 2-run homer.
- The Lynx tied the contest at the bottom of the second when Juliana Cecere crossed the home plate after Abby Henderson's single to center field for an RBI.
- Lesley's only two seniors combined to put their team into the lead in the second inning. Theresa Pereira got home after a Courtney Goggin sacrifice fly out to left field for an RBI.
- At the bottom of the fourth, both Courtney Goggin and Abby Henderson scored runs to extend Lesley's lead to 6-3 on the back of Ashleigh Acker's single to center field for two RBI's.
- Shea Wilson scored her second run for Southern Vermont at the top of the fifth when Mackenzie Rumrill singled to left field for an RBI.
- Theresa Pereira helped close out the game at the bottom of the fifth with a single to right field for an RBI and the outfielder picked up an unearned run when scoring on a passed ball.