Naples, FL - Lesley University softball drops set of games in Naples, Florida on Sunday afternoon. The Lynx started the day with a close loss to St. Joseph College (CT.), 8-7, but could not bounce back in the next game against Western Conn. St., 10-2 in five innings. The Lynx continue the season with a 1-3 record, St. Joe's (CT.) advance to 2-1, while Western Conn. St. improve to 2-1.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lesley opened the scoring in the first inning with three runs coming from the heart of the lineup. A Riley Pickett (Rocky Hill, CT.) single was followed by doubles from Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.) and Ashleigh Acker (Apopka, FL.) to bring home the first runs of the afternoon. Two batters later Ilana Zack (Randolph, MA.) singled to plate Acker.
- Trailing in the top of the seventh 7-4, but Lynx tied up the contest with four straight hits. After two singles, Day and Acker were brought in on an Antonia Kieran (Wilmington, MA.) double.
- Later in the inning Kieran was brought home by Sam Jensen (Milton, MA.) sacrifice to the right side of the infield.
- The Lynx out hit the Blue Jays eleven to seven in the contest.
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Lynx started early again at the plate in the first inning. After Mahlia Medina (Winchester, CA.) reached on hit-by-pitch (HBP), Acker singled to bring the freshman home to put Lesley on the board.
- Lynx grabbed second run in the fifth inning courtesy of a Day solo homerun, her first of season and seventh homerun in her career.
- Day accounted for two of the Lynx five hits in the game.
Lesley (1-3) return to the diamond the following day, taking on Alfred State at 9:00AM, and playing New Jersey City University at 1:00PM, both from Naples, Florida.