Naples, FL - Lesley University softball hitting came to play on a set of games in Naples, Florida on Monday afternoon. The Lynx started the day with a come from behind victory against Alfred State College, 11-5, then blasted three homeruns in five innings over New Jersey City University, 13-3 final in five innings. The Lynx continue the season with a 3-3 record, Alfred St. fall to 1-4, while New Jersey City University drop to 1-5.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Trailing 4-0 in the top of third inning, Lesley made the most of a bases loaded situation. First, Lesley walked home a run following a HBP on Ilana Zack (Randolph, MA.). Ally Murphy (Raynham, MA.) followed with a sacrifice fly to left-field giving the Lynx a second run. Sam Jensen (Milton, MA.) then closed the inning with a single to left to bring around another run.
- Still trailing 5-3 in the fourth, Mahlia Medina (Winchester, CA.) drove in Lindsey Jensen (Milton, MA.) from second to bring the Lynx within one. Later In the inning with two outs, Jordan Raab (Rochester, N.H.) belted a single up the middle to bring home Medina and Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.) to take the lead 6-5. This was the Lynx first lead of the day.
- The Lynx added to lead in the next inning after back to back singles from Day and Ashleigh Acker (Apopka, FL.) brought in a collective two runs.
- Lesley put the game away with three more runs in the final frame.
- Day was the standout Lynx going 4 for 4 from the plate (three singles, one double, and one RBI) and racking up 13 strikeouts in a complete game from the circle.
- As a team, Lesley compiled 14 hits from seven different student-athletes. Five different student athletes had two or more hits [Day 4, Medina 2, Raab 2, Acker 2, and Kristen DiCicco (Wantagh, N.Y.) 2]
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Lynx put runs on the board in a flash with power. After Medina and Riley Pickett (Rocky Hill, CT) reached base, Day crushed a ball over the left-center fence to put Lesley up 3-0.
- Acker followed behind her with a blast of her own in the same spot for 4-0, Acker's first of season. Lynx added another run in the first after S. Jensen singled to bring Raab home, 5-0.
- Lesley then opened the game in the 5th inning, picking up eight in the frame. A two run single from DiCicco was followed by a L. Jensen single to plate two more.
- Day continued her hot hitting smashing around homer, this time over the center field fence.
- Raab doubled into the outfield to bring round Acker, Zack followed to drive Raab home to put the Lynx up 13-3. Raab's double was her 100th career hit as part of the Lynx.
- Jen Thorburn (Groton, MA) had a great day in the circle with four strikeouts while only allowing three runs over five innings of work.
- Lesley as a team racked up 14 hits, Day and Raab each had three hits accounting for six RBIs (Day 5, and Raab 1).
Lesley (3-3) are back on the field the Wednesday, March 13, taking on Wilmington (Ohio) at 9:00AM, and playing Blackburn College at 11:00AM, both from Fort Myers, Florida.