Naples, FL - Lesley University softball concluded its Florida trip with two wins on Thursday afternoon in Naples, FL. Lesley started the day with a narrow 7-6 victory over Pitt.-Bradford, followed by an offensive shootout versus Nazareth College, 17-12. The Lynx boost its record to 7-3 overall, Pitt.-Bradford fall to 4-5, while Nazareth drop to 3-4. The Lynx finish 7-3 overall during their time in Florida, including winning the final six games.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Lesley got on the board early with three runs in the first frame. A Riley Pickett (Rocky Hill, CT) double started the stretch followed by a Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.) walk.
- Ashleigh Acker (Apopka, FL.) then reached on a double to bring home the first run. Antonia Kieran (Wilmington, MA) then singled to plate another for the Lynx, followed by a Kristen DiCicco (Wantagh, N.Y.) RBI single.
- The Panthers took the lead in the third, 4-3, but the Lynx would respond in the fifth inning. With the bases loaded, pinch-hitter Jordan Raab (Rochester, N.H.) reached on an error, which brought two runs to the plate. Two batters later Mahlia Medina (Winchester, CA.) hit a sacrifice fly to left to score another run.
- After two more runs for the Panthers, things were all square at 6-6. With runners on first and second, Medina put a ball in play into the outfield to plate Sam Jensen (Milton, MA.) coming from second, retaking the lead 7-6.
- Day secured the win with a complete game performance from the circle striking out five batters.
- Acker led the way with three base hits. Pickett, Kieran, and Acker all picked up doubles.
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Lynx again started early, tacking on eight runs in the first. A Pickett homerun brought home Medina, after she reached from a single. Three batters later DiCicco brought home Day with a single, after Day reached on a walk.
- Then, with two outs and the bases loaded, Lindsey Jensen (Milton, MA.) singled through the left-side to score two runs. The next batter, Medina blasted a three run homer over left-center fence. The Lynx led 8-0 heading into bottom of the first.
- The Lynx then plated another run in the second inning, following Golden Flyers error. Nazareth kept themselves in the game with seven runs in first two innings, Lynx held a close 9-7 lead.
- In the third, Pickett and Day put together two singles to get on base. Acker then drove home one run with a single of her own. Then, Raab stepped to the plate and hit her first homerun of season bringing in three more runs. The Lynx held a firm 13-7 lead after three full innings.
- However, Nazareth made the game close entering the seventh inning only down one, 13-12. Lesley put together four singles from Day, Acker, Raab and DiCicco to tack on four more runs. The Lynx would go on to win by a final score of 17-12.
- Jen Thorburn (Groton, MA) and Kara Haga (Levittown, N.Y.) combined to pitch whole game, (3.2 IP for Thorburn and 3.1 IP for Haga), collectively allowing 12 runs (five total were earned), and struck out two batters.
- Lynx hit season high in runs (17), hits (16), and RBI's (16) in a single game.
Lesley (7-3) next hit the field Thursday, March 21, in non-conference set of games against Emerson College beginning at 5:00PM and 7:00PM.