Revere, MA. - Lesley University softball spilt conference doubleheader with Eastern Nazarene College on Friday evening at Ardagna Field. In game one, Lesley used timely hitting to win 2-1. Meanwhile, Lesley would fall in game two, 11-2. The Lynx move to 13-9 overall, while they move to 2-2 in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action. The Lion improve to 12-10 record on the season, 3-1 in conference play.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Lions held the Lynx through three innings while grabbing a 1-0 lead in the first inning. Lesley would strike in the fourth inning. Mahlia Medina (Winchester, CA.) singled and advanced to third on an error by the center-fielder, this broke up a perfect game bid from the Lions.
- The next batter, Riley Pickett (Rocky Hill, CT.) reached on an error which scored Medina to tie the game 1-1.
- Pickett would have the final say in the sixth inning. With two outs, Pickett launched her team leading sixth homerun to give Lesley a 2-1 lead.
- Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.), held her nerve from the circle with two strikeouts in the final frame as the Lynx held on 2-1 over the Lions.
- Day went 7.0 innings allowing one earned run on four hits with 10 strikeouts from the circle.
- Pickett posted both RBI's with Medina grabbing the other hit for the Lynx.
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- It would be Lesley who started the game on the front foot grabbing two runs in the first inning. After a Medina walk, Day drove a two run homerun down the left-field line to hold an early lead.
- The Lions would take control with a seven run inning in the third. Eastern Nazarene would pick up four more runs over the final two innings as the rain and snow started to pour in. Lions would win game two 11-2 to earn a split of the series.
- Day, Jen Thorburn (Groton, MA), and Kara Haga (Levittown, N.Y.) all pitched in the game with Haga taking the loss.
- Day led the Lynx with two hits (single and HR), while Medina (single), and Juliana Cecere (Revere, MA.) doubled to round out the Lynx hitting.
- The Lynx have alredy surpassed a team record for homeruns in a season (21), based on avaliable data.
Lesley (13-9) travel to Mitchell College for an NECC DH on Saturday, April 6, at Alumni Field in New London, CT. Eastern Nazarene College (12-10) play host to New England College on Saturday, April 6, for a pair of conference matchups.