Revere, MA. - Lesley University softball used two homeruns in the fourth inning to take a 3-1 win over Elms College on Tuesday evening at Ardagna Field. With the win, Lesley advance to the New England Colligate Conference tournament double elimination bracket. The Lynx move to 24-13 overall, while the Blazers end its season with a record of 12-22-1.
- The Blazers would strike first in the first inning with one run from a single with a runner on second. Lesley would pick up its first run in the third inning. After back to back singles from Lindsey Jensen (Milton, MA.) and Stephanie Schofield (Woodside, CA.), the Blazers recorded two outs to nearly end the inning without surrendering a run. Jordan Day (Seminole, FL.) then stepped to the plate and singled up the middle to bring Schofield home and tie the game, 1-1.
- Lesley would jump on the Blazers pitching in the next inning. Ally Murphy (Raynham, MA.) popped her fourth homerun of the season to give the Lynx a 2-1 lead. Two batters later, Schofield launched her first career homerun to give Lesley a two run cushion. 3-1.
- Elms would look dangerous in the following inning, loading the bases after a two singles and a walk, with only one out. Day would come through in the clutch as she recorded back-to-back strikeouts, on nine pitches (six strikes, three foul balls).
- The Blazers threaten again in the seventh inning leading off with back-to-back hits, putting the tying run on the first. The Lynx then looked to Jen Thorburn (Groton, MA) to close out the contest as she replaced Day with no outs and two base runners.
- Thorburn forced her first batter into a fielder choice, with a grounder back to the pitcher which was flipped to third base. The defense sealed the win, as Riley Pickett (Rocky Hill, CT.) took a soft grounder, tagged third and threw to Jordan Raab (Rochester, N.H.) at first to end the game on a double play.
- Day picked up her 11th win on the season, allowing just the one run in the first inning on four hits and four walks, while striking out eight. Thorburn picked up her first career save, as she closed out the seventh inning.
- The Lynx posted eight hits during the contest with Day and Schofield leading the way with two hits each. Day, Murphy, and Schofield each finished with an RBI.
Lesley (24-13) travel to Eastern Nazarene College on Thursday, May 2, for start of double elimination bracket play. First pitch will commence at 4:00PM.