CLERMONT, FL. – The Lesley Lynx softball team were unable to pick up a win in their first two games of the season, losing to Wheaton 9-4 and UMass-Dartmouth 8-0. The Lynx start out at 0-2 on the year, while Wheaton advanced to 1-0 and UMD finished the day at 1-1.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- The Lynx jumped out ahead after Mahlia Medina led the game off with a single and Riley Pickett drove her in with one of her three hits in this game.
- The Lyons fought back with a three-run top of the third, with Katelyn Barton delivering a two-run single and Lindsay Whittles following it up with another RBI base hit. The Lynx tied it up in the bottom of the inning when Jordan Day drove Medina in with a double and then scored on a passed ball.
- Wheaton took over with productive outs in the next two innings to take a 5-3 lead before pouring on four more in the top of the 7th. Clara DeCarvalho had a big three-run triple to break the game open and earn the Lyons a win.
- Kara Haga took the loss for the Lynx, going all seven and striking out three. Rahne Turley got the win for Wheaton, despite allowing ten hits. She struck out six and was able to limit the damage done by Lesley.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Lesley was only able to pick up two hits against the Corsairs as UMD pitcher Anna Kerwood cruised through five innings. Day picked up a double and Allyson Murphy grabbed a single for her second hit in the two games, but Kerwood picked up four strikeouts to keep the Lynx from doing much.
- The bottom of the Corsairs' order was on the ball in this one. Steph Nosky, Leah Major, and Averi Soares each drove in two runs for UMD, who were ahead 4-0 until the bottom of the fifth when they scored four more.
- Kylie Fletcher and Lindsay Chubbuck each went two for three on the evening for the Corsairs.
- Emily Streight picked up the loss for the Lynx, while Kerwood earned a dominant win.
The Lynx are back in action on Sunday March 8th for another doubleheader, starting off against Emmanuel at 9:15 AM and finishing against Husson at 1:45 PM.