CLERMONT, FL. – The Lesley Lynx softball team could not keep up offensively in an 8-0 loss against Bates and 12-4 loss against Haverford on Tuesday evening. The Lynx fall to 0-6 this season, while Bates moves to 4-1 and Haverford advances to 3-3.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- The Lynx and Bobcats fought through three innings of a pitcher's duel, with Kara Haga and Kirsten Pelletier each tossing three shutout innings. Pelletier continued her shutout into the fourth, but Bates was able to score four runs off of Haga in the bottom of the fourth.
- Kennedy Ishii had an RBI single for the Bobcats, Janell Sato drove in two while reaching on an error, and Mary Collette had an RBI single as well.
- Bates added four more in the bottom of the fifth to end the game, with two runs scoring on errors and the final two coming in on a double by Sato. Ishii was productive for Bates, going 3 for drove, scoring two runs and driving in one.
- Lesley was only able to muster three hits in this one, with Mahlia Medina, Ilana Zack, and Lindsey Jensen all reaching on singles.
- Haga took her second loss of the season in this one, while Pelletier picked up her third win in the shutout.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Haverford was in control of this one from the start. They scored nine runs in the first two innings and chased Emily Streight after an inning and a third. Marybeth Stone had four RBI in the first two innings, with three coming on a home run, while pitcher Johanna Batterton helped her cause with two runs batted in.
- The Lynx got four back in the fourth off of Susie Pieper, with Kristen DiCicco driving Zack in on an error Batterton. Haga then sent DiCicco and Allyson Murphy home with a single and Medina scored Haga with a double.
- Medina continued her hot start to the season with two more hits in these two games. She is now hitting .368 with two doubles and three runs batted in from the leadoff spot.
- Stone drove in another run in the fifth inning to make the score 11-4 Haverford and finish with five RBI on the day. She only got one hit, but was able to make productive outs to extend her team's lead.
- Streight was the losing pitcher in this one, falling to 0-4 this season. Batterton improved to 3-0 with a six shutout inning performance.
The Lynx face off against Beloit at 11:30 AM on Wednesday and follow it up with a matchup against #14 ranked Ithaca at 1:30 PM.