CLERMONT, FL. – The Lesley Lynx softball team lost both games of their doubleheader on Wednesday, going down 6-5 to Beloit and falling 10-0 to #14 Ithaca. The Lynx fall to 0-8 this season, while Beloit advances to 5-4 and Ithaca moves to 3-4.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- The boxscore may only read four hits, but the Lynx were all over the bases against Beloit. They started early, with Jordan Day tripling off of Buccaneers' pitcher Makayla Zundel and scoring on a wild pitch.
- Day was back up in the third inning and launched her second home run of the season, scoring herself and Lindsey Jensen to put the Lynx up 3-0. The Lynx chased Zundel after three innings and Beloit put the game in the hands of Cora Aubert.
- Aubert had issues with walks, allowing seven on the day, but only allowed two more runs to Lesley. Mahlia Medina drove in Antonia Kieran with a sacrifice fly in the fourth and Kieran scored again in the fifth on a fielder's choice.
- Kara Haga was able to escape earlier jams, but run into trouble as her pitch count rose. Aubert helped herself with a double in the fifth to score Madi Christine in the fifth, then Maddie Moser drove in two in the sixth on a base hit.
- Haga was over 100 pitches in the seventh inning and Beloit's offense woke up in the bottom of the inning. The Lynx held a 5-3 lead, but singles by Steph Lopez and Riley Conn tied the game. Maty Nowakowski was able to add another single to score Alyssa Morris and give her team the win.
- Aubert earned the win for Beloit, while Haga's valiant effort resulted in a loss. The Lynx finished with four stolen bases in this one, with Day, Kieran, Tara Eldredge, and Kristen DiCicco each collecting one.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- The Lynx had a difficult time against the Ithaca Bombers, who are ranked fourteenth in the DIII National Rankings.
- Ithaca was on top early, with Abby Shields driving in Tava Kasper with a double and then scoring on another double by Haley Gaffney. The Bombers added a third run in the second inning on a Daniella Mulvey RBI single.
- In the third, Gaffney doubled Shields in again and then scored, along with Haley White on a double by Mulvey.
- Day had the only hit of the day for the Lynx off of Ithaca's Riley Piromalli. Piromalli only recorded three strikeouts on the day, so the Lynx were able to put the bat on the ball, but could not get any hits to fall.
- Piromalli picked up the win after Ithaca scored three more in the fifth inning to get ahead of the Lynx 10-0. Haga took the loss for the Lynx, her fourth of the season, after giving up three runs in two innings to the Bombers.
The Lynx finish out their Florida trip with games against Rowan and #25 Manhattanville beginning at 11:30 AM on Thursday March 12th.