QUINCY, MA. – The #2 seed Lesley Lynx softball team lost 7-1 in the NECC Softball Championship to the top seeded Eastern Nazarene Lions. The Lions repeat as conference champions, while the Lynx earn the runner-up position.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Eastern Nazarene was ready to go off the bat, scoring five times in the bottom of the first inning. Lesley committed four errors in the inning and Bailey Olaveson, Taylor Brandt, and Rebecca Hayner all took advantage with RBI hits.
- Jennelle Munoz continued her dominance on the mound, limiting the Lynx to one run in this one. She did allow eight hits, but was able to induce ground balls and strikeouts in key moments.
- The Lions scored twice more in the bottom of the fourth. Brandt singled to pick up her third RBI of the day on her third hit and Darcy Castro grounded out to score Olaveson. Olaveson also had three hits for ENC.
- Ilana Zack scored the lone Lynx run of the game, coming across on a throwing error after Kristen DiCicco singled to left field. Jordan Day had three hits for Lesley, while Sam Jensen picked up two.
- Day took the loss after only getting two outs in the first inning. Only two of the five runs she allowed were earned and Kara Haga came in to finish the final 5.1 innings. Munoz got the win for ENC, her fifteenth of her freshman season to lead the Lions to their second straight championship.