West Hartford. Conn:
The Lesley women's basketball team fell to Saint Joseph College 67-43 on Tuesday night in West Hartford. The Lynx were able to keep the deficit within reach at the end of the first half with the score 29-22, but a strong second half surge by the Blue Jays led to the set-back for the Lynx. The Lynx drop to 0-4 on the season, while the Blue Jays improve to 3-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Saint Joseph's gained early momentum in the first quarter with a 19-10 lead led by the game's leading scorer Kayla Guest.
- Lesley was able to regain momentum in the second quarter by outscoring the Blue Jays 12-10 making the score 29-22 at the half.
- A 7-0 run by the Blue Jays to start the third-quarter halted the Lynx's comeback and increased the deficit to 14.
- The Blue Jays' defense forced 33 turnovers which they converted into 28 points in the win.
- Cassidy Wygonik paced the Lynx with a double-double dropping in 18 points and grabbing a game-high 14 boards.
- Dakota Jones added eight points and 10 rebounds for her own.
- Elizabeth Portante added 2 points, 1 steal, 2 assists and 7 rebounds for the Lynx.
- The Blue Jays shot 31.8% (28-88) from the field to Lesley's 29.8% (14-47).
- Saint Joseph's out shot the Lynx 88 to 47 and recorded 38 points in the paint.
"Anytime you get outshot almost 2-1, you're going to have a tough time winning. Our ladies fought hard, but we need to cut down on our mistakes if we are going to be successful." – Head Coach Jake Mattleman
The Lynx are back in action with their home-opener on Tuesday, November 28th at Buckingham Browne and Nichols vs. Pine Manor College starting at 8:00PM.