Leicester, Mass -- The Lesley women's basketball team opened their NECC conference slate with a 73-56 loss over host Becker College at the Leicester Gymnasium Tuesday evening. The loss gives the Lynx their fourth loss on the young season, while Becker improves to 3-2 overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx kicked off the game with their most competitive showing this far, only trailing by three points at the end of the first quarter. Senior Sarah Tobin hit a jump shot to spark a quick 6 point run and go up 14-8 over the Hawks, but the Hawks responded with an 11-2 run to close out the first ten edging the Lynx 19-16.
- Up by just three going into the second quarter, the Hawks went on a 12-0 run capped off by a three-pointer from senior guard Erin Gaudette to go ahead 31-16 with 7:35 remaining in the first half. The Lynx could never pull to within single digits after that and took a 41-28 lead into the half, and rolled to their first conference victory.
- Lesley junior forward Dakota Jones posted a dominant performance with 18 points, 18 rebounds, four steals and three assists, all while shooting 50 percent from the floor.
- Graduate guard Theresa Pereira filled the stat sheet with 14 points, seven rebounds, five assists, three steals and a blocked shot.
- Lynx first year Kacey Johnson had her first double digit scoring night sinking 11 points.
- Becker junior guard Cassidy Harrison led the Hawks in scoring with 13 points and two steals, while Adrianna Dowdy finished one rebound short of a double-double with 11 points, nine rebounds and three steals.
- Free-throw shooting stymied the Lynx, who went 2-14 from the line, compared to Becker's 8-10.
Lesley hosts Newbury College Tuesday November 27th in their home opener.